Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Things that make you go "hmmmm"

I am perplexed...dumbfounded...bewildered... *runs to google for more synonyms* ummm....puzzled...bamboozled...discombobulated...uhh...flummoxed? (wtf google? flummoxed?)

Anyways, I think you get the picture.

Soooo......for YEARS I have been 5ft 4in tall. At least... I thought so...
Today at work we started talking about how tall we were and no one thought anyone was right lol so we pulled out the ole measuring tape to put our measuring skills to the test.
Well son of a shit if I wasn't 5 foot and 5 flipping inches tall!

When I went in for Lap-Band surgery I was measured at 5 foot 4 inches.

Soooo....Did I suddenly grow an inch taller in my old age? I thought you are supposed to shrink as you get older?!? I mean I'm only 28 but I'm pretty sure I stopped growing at like 16. So WTFF? (yes, you read that right, 2 F's...What the fucking fuck?!?! lol)

I mean don't get me wrong here... I like 5'5" much better than 5'4"... that inch is like... awesome sauce. I mean look at what it does for my BMI!

At 5'5" my BMI is 25.8 (holy smokes for real? i'm .8 away from not being overweight anymore? wowzas!)
At 5'4" my BMI is 26.6

I'll take 25.8!! haha! well I'd take 26.6 too seeing as I started this journey at 40+ (<-----umm ...was="" p="" real="" that="">
So I like this growing thing... I should do it more often... lower that BMI even more!

JUST KIDDING! I will just keep going to the gym and doing my best to follow my band rules... that's how I will lower my BMI ;)

2 comments:

  1. Some clinics measure me at 5'7, some 5'9 but I've always gone by what I was told in 7th grade: 5'8. Just go with the flow woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! If you ever figure out how you managed to grow an inch, please let me know! I'm only 5' 1 3/4" (and yes, the 3/4 part is necessary!)

    ReplyDelete