Friday, June 1, 2012

BYOC--My first one! :)

BYOC - Bring Your Own Crazy!


It’s Bring Your Own Crazy time! Copy and paste the button above to your own BYOC and join us! We answer 5 questions to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break.


1. Are you a daily purse switcher, an often purse buyer or a one purse kind of woman? What factors influence your purse buying?
Definitely not a daily purse switcher.. or even an often purse switcher. I would like to tell you all that I have 15 different purses and I change them to match my outfits and for special occasions....but I can't. In fact, my husband is the one who basically FORCED me to buy my first coach purse a couple of months ago because he caught me drooooling over it on the web sale. He said "Get it." I said "umm.. NO.. I can think of a lot of other things we can spend $270 on instead of a purse and wallet" He walked over and picked up my current purse and dropped it in front of me... "Look at this purse... just how long have you been carrying it?"  I mumbled "a year... at least"  so he reached over me and hit the little submit button. I'm the kind of person that runs my purse into the gound... I carry it till the straps break. It's not that I don't dream, look, drool over purses...I'm a mom.. my extra $ goes to getting my girls things and getting things for the family..not purses. I must say though... 2 weeks after coach purchase #1 I bought another that I liked better. I've been carrying it for about 3 months and now that hubs lost his job I better take good care of it because I probably won't be getting another for a minute.

2. What’s your favorite board game?

Well, it's been quite a while since I played a board game. But if I had to pick I would probably say Clue...just a classic. Love the whole "Mrs. Peacock... in the study... with a candlestick!" What can I say, I'm a sucker for some murder mystery...

3. Are you a sore loser who throws fits or a gracious winner? Are you competitive?

This has been an evolution for me. I'm not gonna lie... When I was little I was the sorest loser in the entire world. If I didn't win I throw the mother of all fits...hell if I was just behind I would throw fits and pout and accuse everyone else of cheating... I was an official "little shit"  I'm just about the complete opposite now. I think it's because I started playing competitive sports. Specifically football, wrestling, and softball. In football we would have a really great year, go undefeated and win the superbowl... then the next year only win like 5 games total. I learned HOW to lose, how to deal with loss, and I knew the high I felt from winning. I guess that also taught me that others want to feel that high as well and I shouldn't win EVERY game, EVERY time. I learned there are people better than me that CAN beat me and that doesn't mean I'm not good or I didn't play good it just means they played better that day. Don't get me wrong, I'm still very competitive... I'm just a MUCH better sport about it. A game/contest/race is always better when people WANT to win, competitiveness is what makes it fun. But that's the key word "FUN" it's just a game... it's not life and death, it's not the damn hunger games.


4. Tell us something you are afraid of that is a physical item…like spiders, deep water, heights, snakes, thunderstorms, first dates, childbirth, etc.

There's not really alot of things I'm afraid of... Spiders...but who isn't really?
Tornadoes, but not so much now that I live in a basement :)

The only thing that i'm afraid of, like REALLY afraid of, like irrationally afraid of is Atomic/Nuclear explosions. I have no idea where this came from but you know the iconic mushroom cloud explosion you see in movies and documentaries...the tell tale sign of a A-bomb? Yeah, I hyperventilate...like instantly. It takes my breathe away and I go into panic mode...my heart starts racing and I can't think... my head starts spinning and I almost pass out. Even if I only see like 2 seconds. It like BURNS into my mind... then I usually have a nightmare or 2. It sucks...bad... and If the hubs knows it's coming he will either cover my eyes for me or say "Dear cover your eyes now!"  I have to tell you I went to the theatre to see The Hills Have Eyes with some friends. If you haven't seen it the ENTIRE opening credits is just explosion after explosion. I was trying sooooo hard to stay calm but I was grabbing the armrests so tight I think I almost broke one... I was hyperventilating but trying to be quiet and somehow I made it through the movie.

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week.


Where do I begin?!?! Hubs lost his job so the kids are trying to adjust to staying home with daddy. They were both MONSTERS last night.

I start my injections tonight for egg donation (yikes!) But I can do this...i've birthed 2 children, it can't be worse than that!

My oldest turns 4 on Saturday and I wasn't prepare for her party (see above about hubs and no job) So we had to move it to next Saturday.

OH and I think the most important of all of course.... I finished my 6 month supervised diet and my packet was submitted to my insurance yesterday Wooty woot woot! *happy dance*

No comments:

Post a Comment