Monday, July 9, 2012

Cupcakes, FroYo, and Satan Farts...

I have been meaning to post all weekend. But I haven't...
My mind has just been racing. It seemed as though I was so scattered I just knew my ramblings would make no sense. But I am calm (for the most part) at work because I'm busy. So I am writing this post during my breaks here at work.

First I shall recap the weekend...

Friday Pre-op diet day 10: you know the drill... Shake, shake dinner! It sounds like a song!
The hubs convinced me to go to this nice Italian restaurant in the next town (because we don't have one in the boonies of course) and I think I did good! Although it wasn't on the menu, they were nice enough to make me a plain medium-well steak with veggies (yellow squash, zucchini, and red onions) it was DELICIOUSNESS!
Confession: They bring bread out first... and I kinda had some... just some. The baby wanted some so I picked out all of the soft inner bread which just left the crunchy shell and I knew she would choke on it... so I ate it.. boy that crunchy ciabatta shell/bread was delish. But I only ate a little bit!
But I did make this for dessert when I got home:

Photo: Dessert....mmmmmm http://instagr.am/p/Mw2XCGHS3I/
Peaches, Strawberries, Blueberries and Bing Cherries..YUMO

Saturday Pre-op diet day 11: Me and the rents decided to take Big Girl (that is what I will call my eldest from now on!) To the theatre to see BRAVE because she has been asking for quite a while! I did good, I ate the left over fruit salad in the car on the way there and then brought in my shake and drank it during the movie while everyone else was munching on popcorn. Afterwards we decided to go get some FroYo... and here comes the confession for the day.... I had some... I had some FroYo, with fresh fruit and mini chocolate chips on top. I did... and it was delicisous. And it was 104 degrees outside. It felt like Satan farts out there.   I've been doing so well... then had FroYo... I think there are DEFINITELY much worse cheat options but it was still not on my pre-op diet so I had to just shake it off and get back! I didn't drink my 2nd shake for the day since I indulged but I had rotisserie chicken and corn and green beans for dinner.
Photo: Kid eating froyo after Brave http://instagr.am/p/Mym1XqHS-f/
Big Girl eating her FroYo-she LOVES that stuff!

Sunday Pre-op diet day 12: Good day! everyone sing it with me... SHAKE, SHAKE, DINNER!
Sunday dinner is family dinner at Gee's house (my grandma, Big Girl started calling her gee at like 9 months old and it just stuck...we all call her that. I love her. Dearly.) My mom and grandma love me...alot. They made sloppy joes and decided to make me a modified portion...just for me! They just took the meat and made a patty for me that I could grill on my foreman with my zucchini. It was delish...
Photo: Sunday dinner...everyone else had sloppy joes. Only 3 1/2 more days! http://instagr.am/p/M1kawTHS-h/
Zucchini spears...ground turkey,pork,beef mix with
shredded zucchini patty grilled on my
george forman (I love that damn thing!)

Confession: My mom made some homemade salsa so I had a couple tortilla chips with salsa, it was tasty. I also had a spoonful of the sloppy joe mix..no bread.

I am SUPER duper proud of myself. Eventhough I have confessions and small slipups...they have been SMALL slipups and I've done so incredibly well. There are many things that I "CAN" have on this diet that i'm don't. I can have diet soda and i've only had a couple. I am also allowed 2 cups of juice or gatorade a day and I've only had a few sips here and there of orange juice. I'm allowed chicken broth, sugar free jello, and sugar free popsicles... as much as I want and I don't have very much at all. I've also lost 13 lbs since I started my pre-op diet. I'm happy and I know I've done great. Only 1 more day of this, then wednesday is FULL CLEAR liquid diet. YIKES! Then *gasp* the next day is SURGERY! :)  I'll be posting later about how i'm feeling about the quickly approaching day!

OH! BTW, Thursday night I made these adorbs little cupcakes for a lady that was buying them for a baby shower. The more I make...the more I LOVE making them. :)

They were a hit and already have someone else
wanting to order some!

18 comments:

  1. love those cupcakes!!! so cute... and you are doing good, the lil "bad" things you have done could have been a lot worse, so really they dont count hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Theresa! I know they are small cheats and i'm really not beating myself up about it, I'm actually kind of proud that my "slipups" are so small! :)

      Delete
  2. Those cupcakes are just so cute Dandy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I heard everyone loved them and that they were delicious! :)

      Delete
  3. You are doing great. Those little slip ups are called being human. Don't beat yourself up. My motto is moderation, not deprivation. We aren't perfect, but then who really is.

    Those cupcakes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your motto! I'm trying to keep my slipups to a minimum. I'm just so terrified that they are gonna open me up and my liver will be too big that I feel worry when I have a slip up. But really I've done super awesome so I think I will be good to go! :)

      Delete
  4. love the cupcakes! Don't beat yourself up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cupcakes! I think you are doing a fabulous job on your pre op diet!! I didn't have to do a pre op diet, but I can assure you if I would had I wouldn't have done nearly as good as you have :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)
      All of these encouraging comments are helping me stay on track!

      Delete
  6. What are you going to do when it's time to only do full liquids for 2 full weeks?!?! You cannot be cheating then my friend... I have two days left on it. I hope you will be okay without taking a bite here and there!!! I'll be thinking positive thoughts and sending prayers for your surgery to be a complete success :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness my full liquids is only 4 days, then I move on to purees. I have aquired a wealth of healthy yummy puree recipes! Thank you for the the thoughts and prayers! :)

      Delete
  7. I think we all cheated on our pre-op diets. It's normal! :)

    Love the cupcakes... I wish I was that talented. I can make 'em tasty, but they ain't gonna be perty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, I told the girl that bought them to tell me how the strawberry ones turned out because it was my first time doing those. She said "They could taste like crap and I don't care, they are perfect!" haha! Luckily she said they were delicious! :)

      Delete
  8. Wow those cupcakes are adorable :)

    Don't worry about those cheats, I cheated hardcore this past weekend but I've picked myself back up and am back into the shakes, it's all about moving on!

    Keep up the great work Hun and good luck for your op.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to see you are back on track! That's all you can do, and do your best to avoid the temptation in the future! :)

      Delete
  9. what is the post op diet like for you? is it all liquid for a couple weeks? tonight I cheated on my post op diet... I had a lil bite of an organic chicken nugget- chewed the crap out of it! lol not worth the guilt booooo, oh and wanted to take a bite of chinese food (peking ravioli) chew it suck on it make out with it, and then just not swallow it, yummy! haha but I did not.lol I did feel like a big fat fatty for even thinking it up ... oh well... you are doing dandy,dandy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got a wonderful mental picutre of you making out with chinese food! HAHA! My post op diet is days 1-4 sugar free liquids and protein supplements. Days 5-14 are puree + 1 serving liquid protein supplement. Days 14-22 are soft solids to regular foods.

      Delete