Thanks to the lovely Miss Laura from Beer, Dogs, and Getting Healthier we have Ten Things Thursday! :)
So what is this "TTT" I speak of? Well, it's just simply ten things...what things? ANY things. ANY things at all. They can be as random or as cohesive as you would like. If you've been reading everyone elses but afraid to do your own...DO IT! There is no special permission, we all just do it for fun! We all just like to give mad props to Laura because she's the evil genius who started it!
1.Thank you... all of you. I disappear for a couple of weeks and ya'll check on me. TOO sweet! I just want to let you guys know I really am just peachy. It's just been so ridiculously busy at work I don't have time to form a complete thought on my own after work let alone make a complete blog post. (if you could peek into my blogger you would see like 3 different drafts where I started but never finished!)
2. I'm learning I still have a long way to go with learning how to deal with stress WITHOUT food. This is my first test and i'm failing... pretty miserably. I know this will pass. I am learning. I don't expect to just fix everything this quickly. I've been eating really bad this week. I haven't even weighed. I'm sure I'm up at least 5 lbs. But you know what? I'm not going to let it bother me. I'm not going to cry and say "why try and do better i've already failed" like I used to. I know i'm trying to learn how to do deal with things without the only thing I've really ever used to deal with those things....that's tuff folks. Real tuff. I know I can do it though. I'm learning from this. Next time I will be better prepared. Will I do everything perfectly? No, and I don't expect to. But I feel like I will do better.
3. Had my cousins reunion down at Alhonna Resort at the lake of the ozarks this past weekend. It was epic. FOR REALZ! I love my family. I'm so glad we started this tradition and I can't wait until next year. I promise I will post pics soon, I haven't even had time to upload them to the computer. Soon my little cupakes, soon. Here is a teaser pic... (yes the duck face was on purpose, we were being silly...and drunk)
Soooo....pretty sure that is a LARGE shirt i'm wearing. Ummm...that means no X...
That right there is an NSV!! :)
4. We have been completely kid free since Monday morning. My mom and grandma decided to take my 4 year old on an extended vacation to Branson so The Hubs mom took the baby for the week.
Yep, you see that right. My 4 year old is a proud owner of her first Coach purse. There's a Coach Factory store in Branson. (Mamaw can support that habit for her lol!) Oh and she's showing off her new kicks.
5. What have I been doing with my kid free time? Ummmm....... working. A lot. In a call-center. Tuesday I worked from 6:38 am until 6:57pm. In a call-center. I clocked about 12 hours of overtime for this upcoming paycheck...did I mention it's a call-center? Um... so if you have never worked in a call-center you do not realize it's kind of like working in ..well... hell. It would be what I would equate to having a full time job of walking barefoot over legos while trying to recite the alphabet backwards... but like in yiddish.
6. I miss my babes... a lot. It's crazy, after a long day an cranky kids i'm always like "GEEZE! I need a break!!!" Then when they are gone i'm like "Boohoo I miss my kids!!!" I think moms are certifiably insane.
I'm missin the hell outta these 2 chip munchers! :)
7.It feels nice to blog. It's crazy how much you miss it when you are absent for a couple weeks! I can't wait until busy season dies down and I can go back to posting like normal.
8.I'm starting the cycle this month for the egg-donation. For the new followers who haven't read my old posts I have a greed to donate my wittle eggs to help a couple (friends of ours actually) have a baby. It's been very exciting. We tried in June but the amounts of the medicines were not right for my body and the eggs didn't develop enough or quick enough to do the retrieval so we stopped. July I was banded (yay!) and August is busy season so September here we come! I had my first sono/blood appointment today and I'm supposed to start my injections Saturday (that is if this 1 little pesky cyst isn't making my estrogen levels too high) and the egg retrieval will be the week of the 10th. Wow, I have a lot going on!!
9. My 2nd fill is on Sept. 6 so like 7 days away. I'm stoked. I need it. I can basically stuff my face with whatever and however much I want. I have 5.2 cc's in a 10cc band and it's obviously not in the "green zone" yet, nor was I expecting to be yet. I will be back on the wagon in no time and the scale will start moving down again.
10. I love my food scale! (I only got to use it like 1 time so far but that 1 time rocked!) I will do a good review of it here pretty soon after I've used it more when my work calms down a little.